Wednesday, September 28, 2011

BC: College essay option 2


So since I'm not focused on the UC prompts I just did another common app prompt....i want to develop this so much more, but right now i have writers block, and this a piece of random shit. Please don't judge me haha           


      Someone who influences you for the better, is in most ways a hero. They have your best interest at heart, help guide you in the best direction, and support you in ease and in hardships. Unfortunately, many people are not blessed with that person. I am thankful to have the most influential person in my life, be someone who has raised since day 1, my father.
I’ve always been a daddy’s girl. Not in the sense where he spoils me and buys everything I want, but in the sense that we have an amazing relationship. He has not only been my father, but also my coach and a friend. As a coach, he introduced me to basketball. He realized the level of talent and amount of passion I had a young age and pushed me to continue working hard. He’s spent hours practicing with me, money sending me to camps and clinics, and his own time to take me to every game. Apart of being a coach is not just telling me how well I am doing but also when I am doing my best. He has never told me I’m doing well when I wasn’t. I would have never grown as a person if I thought I was doing everything right all the time.            
As a friend, I can always count on him to be there to listen. He does not judge me or things I do, he helps me make better decisions in future. We are both two outspoken people so he understand where I am coming from when I argue with people. He just helps me learn from errors I make. If I did not have a friend like him, I don’t know what I would do.
My father had made me become the self motivated, driven, and focused person that I am today. I would not have accomplished so much if I did not have his encouragement my entire life. I push myself harder and harder every day because of him. I  want to focus and succeed because of him. He has helped me shape my dreams and for the that he is my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment