Thursday, September 15, 2011

Free: Ride or Die

     It all started March 10, 1998. Olivia Marguerite McKeon, also known as my sister, was born. I don't remember the day because I was only 3, but I can see the smile on my face in all the pictures....on only that day. After I got over the fact that I got to hold a baby, I became a jealous little toddler. My sister became the center of attention and for a little kid who got all of the attention from every family member, that was a huge change. I kicked, screamed, or did anything or a little attention and that just ended in me getting in trouble. So if you drew up a conclusion about my relationship with my sister just from this opening information, you would conclude far from the actual truth.
     We're typical sisters in the sense that we fight, we argue,  we have problems sharing, and we just don't always get along. But our relationship has so much more positive then negative. I count on her for a lot more then she may know. I can lie to my parents and she'll always know the truth, i can count on her to tell me when I look like a hot mess, and I can count her to make me feel loved. So she's only 13, we're like twins.
     Three days ago she had back surgery. I would have done anything to put me in that hospital bed instead of her. To see my other half in pain and so broken was one of the worst experiences. Everyday I visit her in the hospital, I leave crying. I never realized how important it was for me to see her everyday happy and healthy. It's amazing how I'm going to be leaving in less then a year and I wont get to see her everyday. I want the best for my baby sister and would do anything for her.
If I could tell my sister anything right now I would say: " Liv, everything is going to be alright, I'm going to be here for. I'm your rock and would die for you. You are the coolest, popular, 8th grader ever and I am sometimes jealous of how many friends you have. I will love you for forever and more. I love you baby girl."  My ride or die is my little sister and that will never change. Our relationship is far from perfect but I wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment